Four Lanes End Garden Club, Langhorne, PA is a member of the National Garden
Clubs, Inc. and the Garden Club Federation of PA, District XI. The Garden
Club was founded in 1957, Federated in 1979 and Incorporated in 1996.
Several charter members are active in the Garden Club.
There are approximately 90 members including associate and honorary members.
Mrs. Doris Monroe was instrumental in the forming of Four Lanes End Garden
Club in 1957, and served as president from 1957-1959. Doris remained active
in garden club activities up until the time of her passing in 2003. She was
loved and respected throughout the community of Langhorne.
The Four Lanes End Garden Club is to be organized exclusively for charitable,
educational and scientific purposes. It is to coordinate and further the
interests and activities of the National Garden Clubs, Inc. and the Garden
Club Federation of Pennsylvania together with similar organizations in the
United States. They encourage the improvement of roadsides and parks.
Programs are presented at each regular meeting to educate and advance the
fine arts of gardening, landscape design, floral design, and horticulture.
The main fundraiser for the Garden Club is the Holiday House Tour and Tea and
Craft Store held annually on the Thursday before Thanksgiving in November.
The monies received are distributed among the many Langhorne community
organizations, several local nature centers and for
scholarships for high school seniors attending college to study horticulture,
landscape architecture, and related fields. The Garden Club sponsors an annual
flower show and encourages the Garden Club members to participate in the annual
flower show as well as the monthly mini flower shows.